Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where In The World Is Bahati's Bag?

Terrible news comes to me from the cycling world today.


The 2008 Athens Twilight Criterium was marred by a most despicable act. Dark days are among us my friends when awards given to race winners are misappropriated to satisfy ones own selfish wants.


I contacted Rahsaan Bahati from Rock Racing today to check up on him and see how he liked the Rocket Bag we awarded him as winner of the Athens Twilight Criterium. To my horror he said that the bag never made it back to the car with him. He also lost his hat and Oakley racing jacket sunglasses which he had put in the bag shortly before it disappeared.

I told Rahsaan that this didn’t surprise me too much as our Rocket Bag has been in such demand that our first shipment sold out before it even landed. As well, we had a story from a dealer in Austin that customers were trying to out-bid each other for the last one they had. Luckily we have these in stock again.

Regardless, I think it’s a terrible shame that someone made off with the 2008 Athens Crit Champion’s Rocket Bag. I have sent this story out to a couple of industry news agencies in hope that the culprit will be found.



Here is the only known photo of that terrible night capturing Rahsaan’s first and last moments of happiness with his new bag. If you look close you can read it in his eyes that he can’t wait to check it out. Sad, sad night.

On another note, Rahsaan tells me that he has been having trouble with his hip and may need surgery. He could be going to the same guy that did Floyd's hip. Anyway, we wish him the best with this and hope for a speedy recovery.

Cheers!

No comments: