Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Busy February

It looks like a very busy month for us at Rocket Science Sports.

Already our first shipment of Rocket Bags has come in, sold out and we have people banging our doors down for more. Updates on export traffic and shipping dates now has our next Rocket Bag delivery slated for February 28th at our warehouse in Austin.

If you hadn't seen all the buzz over the last week we had our Rocket Bottle mentioned in the New Tech section of CyclingNews.com with some questions about the integrity of the data. This obviously started quite a stir on popular forums, especially Slowtwitch.com. This has kept me pretty busy over the weekend responding to questions directly relating to our bottles, as well as dealer orders. This design makes a lot of sense for the price point and I expect sales to drastically increase over this spring and summer. Does your shop have stock? Take advantage of the buzz. We'll be working on getting the Rocket Bottle more attention soon.

This Thursday I leave for the pro training camp for Team Toshiba-Santo presented by Herbalife. We are providing them with Rocket Bottles for exclusive use during their time trial events and our Elite Bags for carrying their gear. I am looking forward to meeting the team, staff and other sponsors. I am not so much looking forward to suffering on my bicycle in the cold and the mountains trying to keep up with the guys on any of their training rides. Well, that's not entirely true, it's the suffering that really makes it memorable. I have made an honest effort to get in some kind of shape so I can keep up with them for at least the first few miles. :)

One of the days immediately following my return from the camp I may also be taking a trip down to A&M University's wind tunnel. Source Endurance is holding a time trial clinic Feb. 11-13th and will do some wind tunnel work with John Cobb. I don't know if we'll be able to do any specific tests with our bottles unless any of the individuals who paid for the clinic want some comparisons, but I hope to gain additional knowledge about wind tunnel testing (Marcin is the guru and I just want to try and be a little more like him). I'm sure it doesn't hurt to hang out with people like John Cobb, Dave Wenger and the other guys from Source Endurance either. Maybe I'll also gain some instant endurance or efficiency by being there. I can dream can't I?

Among everything else I've been working on plans to attend the Austin Marathon Expo and promote our products in the RunTex booth Feb. 15th and 16th . This will be our first time showing our products to a running specific crowd, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from the experience. We'll be selling our Elite Bags, RJ Bags, Chip Straps (RunTex custom logo), Race Belts and possibly some Rocket Bottles. Guess you didn't know Rocket Bottles can shave time off of your running did you! Just kidding. No, they don't make you run faster but I've been told by runners that our bottles have a comfortable shape to hang on to and the dimpled surface makes them very grippy. BTW, if any of you are coming down for the event please come by and say howdy.

Cheers!

No comments: